Janice Atkin has been a sought after conference presenter and workshop presenter across Australia. She is an engaging and innovative presenter who uses a hands-on, interactive approach to facilitate effective learning in her sessions.
Previous presentations include:
- ACHPER Qld conference 2015 – Keeping students at the centre of your planning process
- ACHPER NSW Stage 6 conference 2015 – Unlocking the secrets of a Band 6
- Gold Coast HPE Specialists annual conference – How can you make the Australian Curriculum work for your students
- ACHPER Tasmania annual conference 2014/2015
- Independent Schools Queensland – Full day planning and programming with the Australian Curriculum workshop
- Brisbane Catholic Education – Full day orientation to the Australian Curriculum workshops
- SA Department of Education and Child Development (SADECD) – 2 x Full day workshops with primary and secondary Australian Curriculum Implementation officers
- SADECD – Full day workshop with Riverland regional teachers (Primary and secondary teachers of HPE)
- DET Tasmania – 2 x Full day workshop series for primary teachers of HPE
- NSW Sport and Recreation – 2 x full day workshops on Developing student leadership skills (Primary and secondary)
- Discovery conference Melbourne – So there’s a new curriculum …. now what?
- Synergy conference, Sydney – Curriculum renewal – what can it look like in your school?
- Activate Conference, ACT – Understanding what’s going on for your students – making a HPE program that works for them.
School-based faculty training:
- Wenona College, NSW
- Figtree High School, NSW
- Dungog High School, NSW
- ACHPER Victoria 2015 – Workshop sessions: teaching an integrated … and engaging HPE program. Teaching the health focus areas through rhythmic and expressive movement; Sugar – is it the real culprit – developing critical health literacy skills; and The HAPPY project – creating a healthy, active and peaceful playground for your students.