This workshop will support teachers to plan and implement effective and efficient assessment and reporting processes in their school context.
- Explore and review the current processes and challenges currently being experienced in regard to A-E assessment.
- Develop participantsâ€™ understanding of the Health and Physical Education standards and content, to support effective teaching, assessing and reporting.
- Provide practical school-based strategies for quality assessment and reporting processes in Health and Physical Education.
Overview of workshop sessions
- Current pictures of teaching and assessment practice in HPE
- Exploration of A-E within the context of Health and Physical Education
- Quality assessment in Health and Physical Education
- Practical strategies for assessing in Health and Physical Education
- Planning processes to support quality assessment in Health and Physical Education
Professional Teaching Standards (5 hours at Proficient for full-day attendance)
5.1 Develop, select and use informal and formal, diagnostic, formative and summative assessment strategies to assess student learning.
5.3 Understand and participate in assessment moderation activities to support consistent and comparable judgements of student learning.
5.5 Report clearly, accurately and respectfully to students and parents/carers about student achievement, making use of accurate and reliable records.
6.2 Participate in learning to update knowledge and practice, targeted to professional needs and school and/or system priorities.
6.3 Contribute to collegial discussions and apply constructive feedback from colleagues to improve professional knowledge and practice.
To register click on your selected location below.