- This event has passed.
Western Sydney A-E assessment workshop
October 30, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 3:30 pm$330
This workshop will support teachers to plan and implement effective and efficient assessment and reporting processes in their school context.
- Explore and review the current processes and challenges currently being experienced in regard to A-E assessment.
- Develop participant understanding of the PDHPE structure to support effective teaching, assessing and reporting.
- Provide practical school-based strategies for quality assessment and reporting processes in PD, Health and Physical Education.
Overview of workshop sessions
- Current pictures of teaching and assessment practice in PDHPE
- Exploration of A-E within the context of the draft PDHPE syllabus structure
- Quality assessment in PDHPE
- Practical strategies for assessing in PDHPE
- Planning processes to support quality assessment in PDHPE
Professional Teaching Standards (5 hours at Proficient for full-day attendance – teacher identified PD)
5.1 Develop, select and use informal and formal, diagnostic, formative and summative assessment strategies to assess student learning.
5.3 Understand and participate in assessment moderation activities to support consistent and comparable judgements of student learning.
5.5 Report clearly, accurately and respectfully to students and parents/carers about student achievement, making use of accurate and reliable records.
6.2 Participate in learning to update knowledge and practice, targeted to professional needs and school and/or system priorities.
6.3 Contribute to collegial discussions and apply constructive feedback from colleagues to improve professional knowledge and practice.
Please enter the number of tickets you would like to purchase in the box below – complete the details in the registration form and then click ADD TO CART.
To pay from an invoice, select Cheque payment at the checkout and an invoice will be generated and emailed to you for payment.
9 people are attending Western Sydney A-E assessment workshop